Eno Thereska is a Member of Technical Staff at Confluent. Previously he was a Senior Researcher at Microsoft Research. He has broad interests in computer systems and machine learning. He has over 20 academic publications in top conferences in the field of storage systems and operating systems including FAST, OSDI, SOSP, SIGMETRICS and CHI. He served as technical co-chair of the File and Storage Systems Conference (FAST’14). He is the founding co-chair of the HotStorage series of workshops. Eno is a recipient of the 2014 IEEE William R. Bennett Prize, recipient of the IEEE Infocomm 2011 Best Paper award, and recipient of the Usenix FAST Best Paper and Best Student Paper awards in 2005 and 2004 respectively. He was Honorary Research Fellow at Imperial College London 2015-2016.
I have broad interests in computer systems and machine learning. Here are some selected publications:
- sRoute: Treating the Storage Stack Like a Network. In FAST’16, Santa Clara, CA, USA. February 2016. PDF
- End-to-end performance isolation through virtual datacenters . Sebastian Angel, Hitesh Ballani, Thomas Karagiannis, Greg O’Shea, and Eno Thereska. In OSDI’14, Broomfield, CO, USA. October 2014. PDF
- IOFlow: A Software-Defined Storage Architecture. Eno Thereska, Hitesh Ballani, Greg O’Shea, Thomas Karagiannis, Ant Rowstron, Tom Talpey, and Timothy Zhu. In SOSP’13, Farmington, PA, USA. November 3-6, 2013. PDF Slides (PPT)
- Lost in Translation: Understanding the Possession of Digital Things in the Cloud.William Odom, Abigail Sellen, Richard Harper, Eno Thereska. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Austin, TX. May 5-10, 2012. PDF
- Sierra: practical power-proportionality for data center storage. Eno Thereska, Austin Donnelly, Dushyanth Narayanan. Proceedings of Eurosys’2011, Salzburg, Austria. April 10-13. PDF
- Everest: Scaling down peak loads through I/O off-loading. Dushyanth Narayanan, Austin Donnelly, Eno Thereska, Sameh Elnikety, Antony Rowstron. Proceedings of the 8th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI ’08), San Diego, CA. December 8-10 2008. PDF